Monday, December 8, 2014

Introductions Entirely Necessary

Hey there, my name is Becky and welcome to my blog Head Strong! This blog was created in order to spread cancer awareness and give courage to those suffering from various types of cancer. If anyone who is suffering or has ever suffered from cancer is reading this, I just wanted to say how brave you are! If you are ever feeling insecure about yourself, just remember that your beauty is not based on your appearance, but what is on the inside. I want to break society’s association between hair and beauty. To do so, I’ve decided to shave my head and donate the hair to the wonderful organization Locks of Love. I hope my hair will help make plenty of wigs for boys and girls, and help uplift the confidence of cancer patients everywhere. So my friends and I thought we could use this as an inspiration to others. We are planning a pledge drive where girls and boys can raise money for every inch of hair they cut off. On this blog I will be posting before and after pictures of my shaving, reactions I get from people, my thoughts and feelings on being bald, and helpful links so YOU can help too! I hope that I can make a difference and inspire you to do the same.
 

3 comments:

  1. I think it's nice for you to shave your head for those who have cancer. It shows how committed you are. Excited to see what you look like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such and amazing friend and inspiration Becky! I'm so blessed to know you and may God bless you on this next chapter of your life as you inspire others and be the example of courage as they go through rough patches in their lives.
    Best wishes and good luck!
    -Em :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, I always knew what an extraordinary young woman you are, but now I also know that you are brave. I am so proud of you and so excited to watch where this journey is going to take you. So excited knowing that God has such big plans for you and the lives that you are going to and have already touched. We love you!

    ReplyDelete