Tuesday, December 9, 2014

'Twas the Night Before...

I have less than 24 hours before I’m bald, and I can’t wait! People have been hyping me up these past few days and it just adds to the suspense. Tomorrow at 8:30 am, I have an appointment at Adora Bella Salon where Lindsey will wash/dry my hair and then put it into several ponies. After she cuts off the ponies, she will shave my head. It may sound weird, but you know the night before Christmas when you can’t fall asleep because you are too excited for what is to come? Well that’s how I feel tonight! To let you in on a little secret, I was not as certain about my decision as I am now. When I first put shaving my head under consideration, I was scared. How will it look? Will it grow out before senior year? What if I get strange looks from people? But, I realized that what all these worries have in common is that they all have to do with my selfish needs. You should not donate your hair to get attention for yourself but rather to bring light on a serious issue. When I discovered that this was the true reason why I wanted to shave my head, I was no longer afraid. Pictures coming soon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment