Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The Reason Behind the Madness

When I tell people what I am doing, their first question tends to be "What inspired you to do so?" Well I'll tell you. Recently, movies, TV shows, and books are discussing the subject of cancer; I used to think I couldn't do anything to help. "I don't have enough money to make a difference," I thought. But then I realized something wonderful. People are always complimenting me on my long, thick hair, so I decided that shaving my head is the perfect option. I believe that people are given gifts in life -whether it be talent, kindness, athleticism or what have you-- not to keep for themselves, but to share with the world. I don’t need my hair- it’ll grow back easily! The ones who really need it are the young boys and girls who are suffering with cancer or any other disease that causes hair loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment